When puberty strikes, it could be a good and a bad thing. Indeed, the voluptuous curves and other endowments are something to look forward to, but the adverse part of this phase, especially for women, is the ever-so-dreaded acne.
70% of people develop acne, usually within their teenage years, making it one of the most common skin problems to face. Though a naturally long-lasting disorder, acne can thoroughly be controlled.
Measures used in controlling acne are
- Washing your face with cleansers every morning and night. Recommended cleansers such as Cetaphil, or Aveeno acne bar, Neutrogena Acne Wash, or Benzoyl Peroxide 5 percent bar. Gently wash your face with the products listed above, but do not wash too much otherwise you could irritate the skin.
- Exfoliating. This is an extremely vital thing to do when you’re on a quest to get rid of acne. It removes the layer of dead skin cells and promotes fresh and healthy skin. After washing your face with your recommended cleanser, exfoliate with face facial scrub one to two times a week. This can help reduce dead skin cells and debris which can clog pores and cause more acne.
- To prevent your pores from clogging any further, all cosmetics, lotions, and sunscreens should be oil-free! Stay away from too much of these if you can, as product information may be false. To avoid dry skin or sunburn, opt for an oil-free lotion such as Complex 15 and Neutrogena or Coppertone Oil-free Sunscreen.
- Benzoyl peroxide, which is easily accessible in many pharmacies, kills bacteria that worsen acne, unplug oil ducts, and serves as a remedy for acne pimples. Start with applying a generous amount of gel once everyday, perhaps before you head to bed. Increase use to two times a day if you are not using another medication. If your acne is not better after 4 to 6 weeks, try a 10 percent solution. Ensure to seek permission from your doctor before progressing.
- Retinoid creams can aid in clearing your skin from acne, and Retin-A, specifically is available at almost every local drug store. Apply this cream only at night. Due to its high sensitivity, exposure to sunlight may result in a severe sunburn. Exercise some patience with these ones as they may take two-three months to show effect.