During a press conference on Wednesday, Montia Sabbag confirmed she’s the woman in the leaked footage with Hart, but says she had “nothing” to do with the recordings.
“My name is Montia Sabbag,” she said in a statement. “I was involved with Kevin Hart a month ago. Since then my pictures and my name have been released with lies written about me. I’m not an extortionist. I’m not a stripper. I’m a recording artist and an actress and I have not broken any laws. I had nothing to do with these recordings. I hired Lisa Bloom solely to protect my legal rights. I am truly sorry for any involvement I had in this.”
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
“I am attorney Lisa Bloom and I am very pleased to represent Montia Sabbag,” the statement begins. “Montia is a crime victim. Someone apparently snuck cameras into Kevin Hart’s private hotel suite in Las Vegas and recorded bedroom images of the two of them. It is a crime to secretly put cameras in a private place like a hotel room. It is another crime to secretly record people in a private place. It is yet another crime to distribute those images. Montia is the victim of multiple felonies under state and federal laws.”
The statement continues, “Although it’s been reported that law enforcement is investigating, we have no evidence of that. Montia has not been contacted. Therefore, we are announcing today that we will be going to the authorities immediately to report this matter. We want to be sure that these crimes are thoroughly investigated and that the criminal responsible for violating Montia’s rights is apprehended. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement.”