THIS WEEKEND THE 1ST ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL WILL DELIVER ENTERTAINMENT, EMPOWERMENT & EDUCATION TO THE BOULEVARD AT THE CAPITAL CENTRE
Performances by TLC, Ludacris, Estelle, Miri Ben-Ari, Willie Colon, Third World, Byron Cage, Black Alley & many more!
Washington, DC – This weekend Festival Productions, LLC will present its 1st Annual International Festival at the Boulevard at the Capital Centre in Largo, MD. The weekend festivities will feature the region’s first type of festival that will deliver entertainment, empowerment and education to all attendees. “Most Festivals are built around the music and vendors; the International Festival will utilize music and vendors as the backdrop with our key metric for success being the results in the Empowerment Zones” remarked Principle of Festival Productions, LLC LaRian Finney.
In addition, Festival Productions, LLC has created a wonderful forum for emerging and established artists across a myriad of music genres such as Pop, Hip Hop, Latin, R&B, Caribbean, Gospel and Alternative Ethnic. Confirmed performing artists include TLC, Ludacris, Estelle, Miri Ben-Ari,Willie Colon, Third World, Theophilus London, The Pedrito Martinez Band, Brass-A-Holics, Feedel Band, Byron Cage, Wayna, Black Alley and more.
The International Festival 2014 promises to be DC metro area’s premier summer blast event that not only entertains but educates… It provides edutainment. This innovative blend of empowerment, education, resources, arts and entertainment is programmed and structured for the entire family. There will be a Children’s Carnival, Empowerment Pavilion, International DJ Pavilion, 5k Run, Virtual Media Station and so much more. An essential portion of the Empowerment Pavilion will involve Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DCHC) providing its award winning Mortgage Late? Don’t Wait! (MLDW) Foreclosure Prevention Workshop from 9:00a – 3:00p all weekend.
Tickets can be purchased at www.missiontix.com. For more information or to sign up for the 5k Run, become a vendor or a volunteer please visit www.InternationalFest.net. Follow us on all social media channels to stay updated on all things International Festival. Feel free to blog, chat, share and ReTweet posts to help us spread the word about this event.
Media outlets seeking media credentials should contact Tamiko Thomas, Platinum Image Ent GroupTamiko@PlatinumImageEntGroup.com or Barry Florence, BDC World Public Relationsbflorence1@verizon.net.
- Open from 12:00p – 6:00p each day
- Staffing – 150 job hires during the weekend
- Homeowner & Foreclosure Assistance
- Credit Counseling
- Health & Wellness Screening
- Educational Counseling & Tuition Assistance
- STEAM Education
- Predatory Lending Education
- Job Fair
- Robotics Interaction
- Financial & Economics Resources
- Aerobics & Zumba
- & MORE
INTERNATIONAL DJ PAVILION
- DJ Quicksilva
- DJ Marques Wyatt
- Bobbito Garcia
- DJ Soupamodel
- DJ Theory
- DJ Tittsworth
- DJ Chris Brooks
- DJ Yezmin
- & MORE
- Doors Open at 12:00p Noon
- Mainstage Opens at 3:00p
- Over 50 international food and retail vendors will be on site
- Festivities include fun for the entire family
- Kids will enjoy the Children’s Carnival and Folkloric dancers and parade
- FREE entry for attendees from 12:00p-3:00p
- General Admission | $25 (After 3:00p)
- VIP Admission | $100 (VIP tickets include air conditioned pavilion with complimentary food, drink samples, special parking, special concert seating and a hookah lounge) | Limited quantities
- 5k Run | Sunday 6.13 at 9:00A | Sign up on website
- Virtual Media Station | LIVE real time media including pics, videos, blogging, tweeting and more
- Parking | There will be shuttles available from the Jericho church parking lot to the Boulevard at the Cap Centre
- Over 150 job opportunities
- Empowerment Pavilion Open 12:00p – 6:00p
- Mortgage Relief Pavilion | MLDW Foreclosure Prevention Workshop Open 9:00a-3:00p
- International DJ Pavilion
- World Cup will be broadcast on festival big screens
- Purchase tickets at www.missiontix.com
- Performances by TLC | Ludacris | Estelle | Willie Colon | Third World | Black Alley & MORE!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Vendor sign up on website
- Instagram | @International_FestivalDMV
- Twitter | @PGIntFestival
- Facebook | IntFestDMV
- Hashtags | #IntFest #IntFestDMV
- Website | www.InternationalFest.net
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Afro American Newspaper | BDC Entertainment | BDC World Public Relations | Boulevard at the Capital Centre | Capital One | Colgate | Comcast | BGE | Community Clinic Inc | Bowie State University | DAS | El Zol 107.9 | Festival Productions, LLC | Greater Washington Urban League | Heineken | Interactive One | MAJIC 102.3 | Malibu | Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development | Maryland Physicians Care | Mary’s Center | Mass Mutual Financial Group | MedStar Health | Metro | Noticias | Operation Hope | O wel | Pearls Restaurant & Lounge | Pepsi | Platinum Image Ent Group | PRAISE 104.1 | PG Parks & Recreation | Prince George’s Chamber of Commerce | Radio One | Radisson | Shoe City | The Finn Group | United Healthcare | US Army | United States Air Force | Univision | Verizon Wireless | WKYS 93.9 | Xfinity | & MORE!
ABOUT FESTIVAL PRODUCTIONS, LLC
Festival Productions, LLC is a lifestyle and entertainment brand focused on capturing the essence and empower diverse cultures via events and grassroots outreach efforts. Festival Productions, LLC led by LaRian Finney, is renowned for producing events that effectively reach diverse and underrepresented audiences. LaRian Finney has been lead producer on many nationally recognized events which include: African American Heritage Festival (250,000), NAACP National Convention, National Urban League National Convention, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s National Convention and the National Black MBA Annual Conference.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
The International Festival, owned and produced by Festival Productions, LLC will become summer’s premiere event as it focuses on the region’s vast diverse audience represented by such ethnicities as African Americans, Latinos, Hispanics, Asians, Africans, Ethiopians and others. The festival will become the first event of its kind that targets historically disadvantaged communities to educate, empower and entertain. The festival producers have created an innovative platform (Empowerment Zones) aimed at closing the disparity gaps around science, technology, engineering, arts & math (STEAM) education, health & wellness, economic empowerment and more. Celebrating International Diversity!