Every girl loves to give herself a little treat by purchasing a trendy bag, but most times, carrying one without anything reasonable inside, defeats its actual purpose. A bag is a great accessory that pulls your look together, but there’s way more to what a bag can do! Don’t just own a bag, use it to it’s fullest potential too!
Grab a pen and a paper and write down the ultimate things every girl should have in her bag!
- Your phone – I know it’s better to have your phone in your pocket so you can easily grab it for a selfie or a phone call, but for safety reasons, your phone should be an item that’s kept inside your bag! The chances of it being protected from harm or danger are much higher, compared to when its almost slipping off your hand or back pocket. Also, keeping your phone in your bag makes you look right for the occasion. Many females attend parties, meetings or gatherings and all they do is stare at their phones all day! Keeping your phone in your bag will help you become more focused on what’s actually going on around you. Lastly, you need your phone in the case of an emergency. Don’t ever leave the house without your cellphone, safety always comes first!
- Phone charger – What’s a phone without it’s charger? Useless, we presume. If you’re going to be out for a very long time, it is advisable to take your phone charger with you. Lots of selfies, videos and phone calls can drain your battery in no time, and you definitely don’t want to be stranded wherever you are. If your phone charger seems too inconveniencing for you (absence of a charging port), feel free to opt for a power bank instead.
- Key cosmetics – It’s a nightmare to look like a washed up raccoon halfway through an event, and that is why having key cosmetic products in your handbag is vital. You don’t need to carry your entire makeup bag, just throw in a few important items which you think can wear off easily, and you’re good to go! These include lipsticks, powder, lip balm, blotting paper and moisturizer.
- Tampons or Sanitary pads – Nothing is worse than not having spare tampons or sanitary pads in your possession when your period is flowing like a river! Whenever it’s that time of the month, never forget to leave the house without extra tampons or sanitary pads. The female body changes very frequently, and so your blood flow could be way more than you expected. And even if you’re not on your period just yet, check your calendar and see if it’s around the corner. Sometimes, they catch you off guard, but it’s always great to stay on the safer side and be prepared! (Make sure you keep your tampons or sanitary pads in a hidden compartment of your handbag, nobody wants to know whether you’re on your period or not)
- Tissue/Towelette – Although it sounds pretty weird, it’s never a bad idea to have a pack of tissue or a towelette in your handbag. If you’re caught up with a severe cold or a sweaty face, you don’t want to disgust the people around you. Feel free to throw in a tub of hand sanitizer as well, you never know what germs are out there!
Other optional items you might consider stashing into your handbag include painkillers, sunglasses, nail files and, maybe a can pepper spray!